Bridge to Terabithia.. It's a Disney film about two friends who created an imaginary kingdom. Jess and Leslie, build their friendship in the magical kingdom. One day, Leslie died, leaving Jess alone. The grief-stricken Jess try to cope with the tragedy by rebuilding the kingdom and make him and his sister as the new ruler. The imagination continues... Last week, I read my friend's status in the facebook :
"Al Fatihah untuk Arwah Azman, Arwah Nor Asma, Arwah Nora dan Arwah Maszuraini".
These were all my friends when I did my diploma in Uitm Shah Alam. Arwah Azman (we call him Jeme) was an officer in the Fire Department Kuantan. Arwah Nor Asma, read about her in the facebook. Feel so happy for her because she succeed in her life, went oversea etc. She died last year because of lung cancer. Arwah Nora died in an accident when we were in semester two. I'm quite close to her. And Arwah Maszuraini........
Arwah Maszuraini, a very close friend of mine. We used to go to class together. She stayed in Kenanga while I stayed in Delima. She waits for me at Kenanga and we walk together to class....everyday....We used to go outing together ....watch movies (Edward Scissorhand ~ It reminds me of her), cut Japanese classes and 'lepaking' at McDonald Dayabumi and etc. (While writing this, I can 'see' these happy moments..)
I can still remember the day...It was ten years after the last meeting. She got my number from a friend and she called me. I was so surprised. We screamed excitedly. She told me about her life, about her newborn baby and I can still remember she apologized for her mistakes throughout our friendship.
I saved her number in my phone.
Two weeks after the call, I received a sms from a friend saying that Masz died due to hypertension. I cried. "Your voice sound differentlah, Masz". I remember saying this to her in our last conversation. She left the world leaving her husband and her three children. And her friends...
I deleted her number. Rest in peace, Masz...I'll meet you one day....
Al Fatihah......
I hope I'll die before you die...
ReplyDelete