Monday, October 10, 2011

Cerita 47 - The Promise

"The Promise" is one of the reading materials that we use in teaching English 1. It is a short story about a man making his promises to Allah s.w.t. before he went to sleep. What were the promises? To be a good muslim, to repent all his sins, to pray on time, to perform solat at night and to read Quran. Beside that, he wanted to be a good husband, son, neighbour and friend. He wanted to be a better person. That night he died. And he never had a chance to fulfil that promises...

And yesterday, a friend of mine, told me about her promise to her late father. One simple promise but she did not fulfil the promise and she regretted for not fulfilling it.

As for me, I have lots of promises too. But what I want to share with you was my promise to my late mother.

18.6.2008...on that day, about 9.00 am,  I promised my mom to bring her home from the hospital because her knee is no longer in pain and she was so happy. "Ya, kaki mak dah tak sakit. Bawa mak balik ye.." She had waited for this moment because she couldn't stay any longer in the hospital. 

But Allah had made His promise too...

19.6.2008...that night, at 3.23 am, she left me without saying goodbye....At 7.00 am, she arrived home. The first thing that I did was to put her on the mattress and opened the cover of her face. Subhanallah! She was smiling at me and my sister in law said, at the hospital, the nurses could not close my mom's mouth (her mouth cramp because of the oxygen pipe)

Therefore, I made my own assumption...I had fulfilled my promise to her....My promise to "BRING HER HOME"!  And from her face, I know she was happy...

1 comment: