Thursday, August 4, 2011

Cerita 27 - Show Me The Way

Yesterday, one of my students came and told me that he is not on the right path. He's lost. He asked for my opinion what should he do. Looking at him reminds me of myself yesteryears ago. Searching for something that I don't know. I was not on the right track too. Pointing the mistakes to my friends, to my family, to the surrounding and etc. None of the mistakes came from me.

But now, after gone through what is called 'life', I realized that all of my fingers should be pointed to me. Everything that we chose, what we wanted to do, who we wanted to be, are all in our own hands. We are the one who decide and Allah will fulfil our decision.

So, to make it simple, I advised the student to follow what Allah has asked us to do. To perform solat, find good friends, be good to parents and teachers and some other things that can make him be on the right track of life. I told him that he is so lucky to be in a place where he can be close to Allah, where he can find good friends and have good teachers to advice him about Islam.

That is what I should do when I was at his age. But I didn't seek for any advice from anybody. At that time, I was ignorant of my own surrounding. As mentioned, I didn't know what I'm searching for!

Therefore, I hope by giving him a simple advice, can  make him think and able to choose the right way to lead his life. Choose Islam as a Way of Life and you will find happiness......

No comments:

Post a Comment