Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cerita 59 - Bye-Bye English Week 2012

Yehaa...at last, no more English Week!  I had a great time guiding the students in their drama and choral speaking performance. Though it was hectic, we had fun! Practising, practising and practising...a lot of practices that sometimes make me feel like dying! "Owh! We are going to get marry, tonight!" "Should I marry him? Should I?" " We are going to talk about...college life!" Arghhh...I can remember all the scripts in the drama and the choral speaking!

So, this year, my students from Syariah 3 and 4 made to the final and won the third and fourth runner up.

And my Syariah and Dakwah won the first and second runner up in the choral speaking. Congratulations! 

Being one of the lecturers who lead the group in the final night was really tough. Not only the students, the lecturers also had panic attack and heart attack! Anything could happen in the final round and guess what! It happened to one of my group! Their drama is a musical drama and during the final night, there was some technical problem when the speaker was not well functioning. And the students....since they are amateur, he he he...they lost focus and .......... so sad.....BUT! Never mind...at least they are among the top 5..(there are 14 groups) and I'm proud of them because at the beginning stage they are a bunch of students who are lack of motivation and confidence! Caiyok!

So......it's time for me to flush out everything about English Week. Makan English Week.. Tidur English Week... Rehat English Week...Kerja English Week....I hope all my students are able to learn something during the English Week. It is not only about memorising lines, acting, singing and dancing, but it is more than that. Friendship, Trust, Ukhwah, Respect and others..As for myself, I don't know what are their perceptions towards me, but I hope they will always remember me in their prayers...Ok. Bye-Bye English Week 2012! (Thinking of 'retiring'.......!)

No comments:

Post a Comment