Today is Teacher's Day. Thanks to Allah for showing me the right path in my life. Yes, being a teacher has opened my BIG eyes to see this BIG world using my BIG brain. Today, I will share my experience how I jumped into this career.
It happened few years ago when my friend, Roszalina Abdul Rahim, called me and asked me whether I’m interested in pursuing my degree in TESL Uitm..TESL, Uitm? Teaching? English pulak tu!! Hmmm…Back then in 1989, after my SPM, I applied for TESL,UPM and unfortunately I failed in the interview just because I couldn’t explain how to play top – gasing..(Helloooo...I don’t play gasing okay!) So, fine! I’m not going to apply for any teaching courses!!
BUT….Allah has made His decision…Adda, you were born to be a teacher ! Hmmm….And in 2002, selepas kerja bermacam-macam kerja and at the age of 31 and a mother of 4, I enrolled in TESL, Uitm Kuantan as an outcampus student and…….Ya Allah! I went through a disaster life for 4 ½ years !!! Mana taknya, kerja lagi, handle anak-anak lagi, handle suami lagi, assignments lagi, kelas lagi, duit lagi, macam-macam lagilah… but I made it with flying colours…Alhamdulillah..
So, now, here I am as a lecturer / teacher……After teaching for almost 3 ½ years, one thing that I can say is I love my job! I go nuts when my students on their semester break. I have this kind of feeling….feeling empty, feeling something missing, feeling hollow, feeling unhappy…..and I realized teaching is a therapy to me! Therefore, my resolution on Teacher's Day 2011, I will do the best that I can and play upon my own strengths in order to give the best to my students…Happy Teacher's Day to all happy teachers!

No comments:
Post a Comment